Our History

692true dots bottomright 320true false 800none
  • 5000 fade false 60 bottom 30
    Our History
  • 5000 fade false 60 bottom 30
    Slide2
  • 5000 fade false 60 bottom 30
    Slide3
  • 5000 fade false 60 bottom 30
    Slide4
  • 5000 fade false 60 bottom 30
    Slide5
  • 5000 fade false 60 bottom 30
    Slide6
  • 5000 fade false 60 bottom 30
    Slide7
  • 5000 fade false 60 bottom 30
    Slide8

We’ve been in business for four generations and more than 65 years. Our family company was started in 1946 by Leland “Big Jim” Murray. Early on the company specialized in earth work and blasting services (one of only two companies doing so in Maine). The company built a reputation for hard work and honesty.

In 1969, after the death of “Big Jim”, his son, Leland “Jim” Murray Jr., took over the company. He expanded the company‘s services to include septic systems, water and sewer lines, pyrotechnics and the quarrying of blue stone. Blasting remained a specialty of the company.

In 1997, Jim passed the reins of the company to his son, Leland “Skip” Murray III. During Skip’s’ ownership, the company continued to expand into new areas, including select demolition services, hoe ramming, septic installation, DEP-certified erosion control installation and the crushing of gravel and stone in the Bluestone Quarry.

The 4th generation is on the move. Skip’s son, Nathan Murray, graduated from Lincoln Technical Institute in 2011 with a degree in Diesel Technology. Nathans’ specialty is operating the crushing and screening functions of the company and bringing our aggregate functions to record levels.